Mapping Peace Education
User Guide, Tips, Filter Options
- For suggestions on how to use the interactive map, please see the “User Guide.”
- For an overview of the component parts of the country profiles, open the Model Country Profile and Key below.
- Major Branches: are umbrella categories, encompassing several related approaches and themes. These branches typically have a close descriptive relationship to the social & political context from which they emerge (for example: disarmament education, divided societies) or represent widely adopted approaches (for example: conflict resolution education, social emotional learning). (There are 16 major branches – we recommend starting with this filter as it will generate the most comparative results.) *Click here for an overview and detailed explanation of “Significant Approaches and Themes of Peace Education.”
- Approaches and themes: similar to the major branches, yet more specific, this filter identifies peace education “approaches and themes” that have been historically significant, as well as currently prevalent. (There are nearly 90 approaches and themes to choose from – some may not yield any comparative results.) *Click here for an overview and detailed explanation of “Significant Approaches and Themes of Peace Education.”
- Policy/Legislation: filters for countries that have either direct or supportive policy/legislation mandates for peace education. *Click here for a more detailed explanation.
- Teacher Training: filters for countries that have policy or legislation which mandates or supports teacher training in peace education. *Click here for a more detailed explanation.
- Open Search: an open search is also available. Type your search/filter inquiry into the box.
Displaying 1 - 10 of 10